Hemorrhoids, also known as piles are usually swollen veins in the anal or rectum area. This includes symptoms such as itching, pain and even rectal bleeding. Hemorrhoids are classified as internal or external depending upon the location of the swollen veins. This is a very common medical problem and can cause mild to severe discomfort. Apart from other medications, you can try home remedies for treating them.
If you are suffering from hemorrhoids then you should check out these home remedies that are quite effective in prevention and treatment of hemorrhoids. For more information about hemorrhoids, causes, treatment, and prevention do visit get healthy labs website and get complete information. These home medicines are simple and easy to use.
- With hazel – This hazel has been found to reduce itching and pain as it is a natural anti-inflammatory. It is available in a liquid format and also in anti-itch wipes and soaps.
- Aloe vera – this natural cure for hemorrhoid is available in the form of a gel at several drugstores. It occurs naturally inside aloe vera plants. Make sure that you are not allergic to aloe vera before using this gel on hemorrhoids.
- Bath with Epsom salt – taking a warm bath with Epsom salt can also soothe the irritation and pain caused by hemorrhoids. Sitz bath is also a good solution for this condition. Taking this warm bath for 20 minutes after a bowel movement is quite effective.
- Ointments – there are several creams and OTC ointments such as Preparation H that can provide immediate relief in case of hemorrhoid. It helps in faster healing in less than a week time.
- Wipes – you can make use of these wipes instead of toilet paper after a bowel movement. This can also help in reduction of irritation. Choose wipes that have natural ingredients such as hazel or aloe vera that has a soothing and anti-hemorrhoid effect. Make sure that the wipes that you choose do not contain any traces of alcohol, perfumes or any other irritants as they can aggravate the problem.
- Cold compress – another option apart from the hot bath is ice pack that can relieve swelling. Use this ice pack or cold compress near the anal area for at least 15 minutes a day. This is effective in case of large and painful hemorrhoids. But make sure to wrap the ice in a paper towel or cloth rather than applying directly to your skin.
- Stool softeners – fiber supplements can reduce constipation and make the stool softer thereby making it easy to have a quick and painless bowel movement. You can get these supplements in the form of capsules, liquids or powders that can be taken orally twice or thrice a day.
- Loose clothing – Do not wear tight clothes and undergarments, preferably choose cotton clothes that are ultra-breathable. This will help in keeping the anal area clean and dry.
For more information about hemorrhoids consult your doctor in case of acute pain or swelling.