An annual eye examination helps you identify any problem at a young age. Despite your physical well-being, giving regular check-ups and proper care on the eye has a lot of value. It ensures that you are protecting your vision to avoid possible eyesight problems until you old. Also, if you find out any eye problem, you can get an early medication of treatment. A periodic eye examination hong kong offers checkup services for common diseases and assessment. It checks how the eyes work and evaluate an indicator of overall health. Children must be given proper eye care as eye health and vision is a critical part of their development and learning stage. Any visual problem indicates developmental delays or problems in their learning. Thus, you need to be aware of any of these factors as your child can be at risk:
- Premature birth
- Family or personal history of eyes disease
- Serious injury
Now, if you have an infant or a 5-year old child, bring it for a proper screening and regular examination.
Facts about eyesight
The same as the body, the eye also gets weaken as you get aged. Eye disease may occur at the age of 40. Also, from 40 to 65 years old, an eye examination is very much required for every 2-4 years. Age-related eye diseases are possible to happen as explained in https://eyesurgery.claritymedic.com/en/. Eye diseases like cataracts, presbyopia, and age-related macular degeneration can lead to dependency and vision loss. The periodic eye examination is all about evaluation for astigmatism, nearsightedness, farsightedness, and some other possible diseases, such as the following:
- Amblyopia. This occurs when the eyers get misaligned.
- Strabismus. The eyes have a defect and some other disease such as:
- diabetic retinopathy
- Other diseases developing due to high cholesterol and high blood pressure
The periodic comprehensive eye examination can be the best way to protect the vision. It detects problems at an early stage. For people who are prone to computer radiations, welders, and workers on micrometers required regular eye examination. In this way, you can determine the need for the eyes for possible prescription of spectacle lenses. Eye specialists can also advise proper eyewear and care.
Procedures of eye examination:
- Medical history. The eye specialist will assess the patient’s past and current medical history. Medical history about the family to determine the condition of the eyes.
- Biomicroscopy. An examination of the human eye anterior segment, including:
- Natural crystalline lens
The procedure uses a slit lamp to shine a high-intensity light to the eyes.
- Ocular motility examination. It is a test to determine how well the eyes are and also the visual system function in terms of the following:
- Visual acuity examination. An examination to determine the current visual sharpness using an eye chart. The optometrist uses the eye chart to examine the clearness of the vision.