Joint supplements are a type of nutritional supplement that contains glucosamine, chondroitin, or both. They are often marketed as being able to treat arthritis pain. These supplements are usually recommended for those who suffer from joint inflammation, especially those who are over 40 years old. You can buy joint supplements as they provide essential nutrients that support cartilage and bone growth, while also helping to reduce pain and inflammation.
What promotes joint health?
- Glucosamine and chondroitin are commonly believed to promote joint health.
- While they might help relieve symptoms associated with osteoarthritis, there isn’t enough evidence to support their effectiveness in treating this condition.
- The bottom line is that using joint supplements is not recommended unless you have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis.
Composition of joint supplements
- Joint supplements contain glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM).
- MSM has anti-inflammatory properties and helps relieve soreness and stiffness.
- Glucosamine is also beneficial because it promotes cartilage repair. It is naturally produced by our bodies, while chondroitin is derived from animal cartilage.
These ingredients are natural substances found in foods such as meat, dairy, eggs, fish, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits, herbs, and mushrooms. As well as being helpful for joint health, joint supplements are also useful for treating rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
How and when are these supplements taken?
- Joint supplements are usually sold in liquid forms, such as capsules or tablets.
- They are often recommended for those who suffer from arthritis, osteoporosis, or other conditions that affect the joints.
- There are no side effects associated with these supplements, and they don’t interfere with prescription medications.
- Joint supplements are great for those who want to improve their fitness level or merely stay fit.
- These supplements are usually taken after working out.
- They include some vitamins and minerals that can boost your energy levels.
Joint pain occurs when the cartilage around the bones becomes damaged. This condition usually causes swelling, tenderness, stiffness, redness, or warmth around the affected area. There are several reasons why joints may hurt, such as overuse, injury, arthritis, or inflammation.
A wide variety of joint supplements are available in the market today. Some are intended to treat arthritis, while others address muscle soreness and general well-being. Taking joint supplements can provide relief from joint pain and discomfort. Some also offer additional benefits, such as reduced inflammation, improved flexibility, and increased mobility.